The beginnings of Cooper® date back to 1914 in Akron, Ohio, when two brothers-in-law John F. Schaefer and Claude E. Hart formed a company to produce tire patches, tire cement and tire repair kits. Schaefer and Hart purchased The Giant Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, a tire rebuilding business, and shortly thereafter moved the business to Findlay, Ohio. In 1926, Ira J. Cooper® developed the “Cooper® Creed” which focused the company on providing “good merchandise, fair play, and a square deal.” The vision of Ira J. Cooper® continues at Cooper® today.
Dedicated to Technology & Innovation
It has 8 factories around the world, global and regional technical centers in Asia, Europe and North America.
Made to Last
Cooper Tire has about 1000 acres of testing sites (87 Tokyo Dome size)for continuous new product development and testing.